- From 6 November a COVID-19 certificate is required to enter Red Light Secrets
- Wearing a face mask is voluntary during your visit
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 60H, Amsterdam
The museum is not wheelchair accessible
- Extra information:
Minimum age is 16
- Audio guide with 12 stories by Inga
- Your personal picture in the famous red-lighted window
- An interactive journey through the world of prostitution
Amsterdam’s Red Light District is unique in the world. It’s located in the oldest part of Amsterdam and contains many monumental buildings and historical sights. And it’s – of course – famous for Amsterdam’s renowned, or should we say notorious erotic entertainment. Here you will find it all: from peep shows to sex shops to window prostitution. Visitors from all over the world come to this side of town to look at the prostitutes who seduce their customers from behind red-lighted windows or maybe even to enjoy the services they offer.
While the sex industry is very open and visible in this area, it is also shrouded in mystery and secrets. Who chooses to do this work? And why? How much money do they make? What types of people visit a window prostitute? And what happens when the curtains close? You can really only find out when you go in… or visit Red Light Secrets!
Red Light Secrets invites you into this intriguing world. In the museum, you will:
• Enter the intriguing world of prostitution
• Enjoy an interactive journey through the world of prostitution
• Discover what you would look like if you were a sex worker
• Take photos, it’s the only place in the Red Light District where you can
• Experience how it feels to sit ‘behind the window’
• Explore the prostitution rooms and the offices where the landlord works
• Read the personal stories of prostitutes themselves
• Listen to the explicit experiences of Inga, Amsterdam’s most famous prostitute
• Find yourself in a kinky S&M room
• Discover the neighbourhood through short films
• Read the erotic confessions of other visitors
• Share your own erotic confession with the rest of the world
• And discover many, many more Red Light Secrets
Visit the Museum of Prostitution, and all the secrets of the Red Light District will be revealed.
The Red Light District is a must-see. And your visit is incomplete without a trip to Red Light Secrets.