In the middle of the old centre of Amsterdam, the Red Light district, you’ll find an intriguing attraction about the oldest profession in the world. In Red Light Secrets, Museum of Prostitution. Step into a world that remains hidden for most. Experience how it feels to sit ‘in the window’and listen to the secrets of the ladies themselves. Making pictures of you and your friends is part of the entertainment. Share the fun on #redlightsecrets or check out some reviews of previous visitors!More about the museum
- Unique chance to peek inside the hidden world of prostitution in a 17th century monumental canal house
- Ideally located in the center of Amsterdam and the center of the Red Light District
- Experience how it feels to ‘sit behind a window’, photos allowed!
- A hands on approach to learning about the history of prostitution
- An eye opening glance into the secrets of the famous Red Light District
Everything you need to plan and book this entertaining and educating attraction. The museum is located around the corner of the Old Church, the oldest building in Amsterdam (ca. 1213) and situated right in the centre of De Wallen, the most famous Red Light District. It is also the absolute city centre of Amsterdam. Walking distance from the Central Station and the Dam Square is 5 min. Open daily from 11:00 – 0:00h.Plan your visit
The organisers behind Red Light Secrets say they want people to learn how the sex industry works without them having to visit a prostitute.